Tuesday, February 1, 2011

unit 7:Meeting Asciepius

    Complete the "Meeting Asciepius" exercise on track #4 of the Dacher CD. Describe your meditative practice(s) for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?

    For this unit we listened to a meditation track called Meeting Asciepius. I loved how it brought someone you admire or look up to into it and how it focused on them at first. Just really loved the whole thing in general. I am not fond of the woman's voice because it feels a bit forced but i did love the background and the words she was saying. I felt at peace and was able to go inside myself. I have been able to really work on my spiritual and psychological wellness. It has helped me to become more peaceful and calm throughout my day but it doesn't mean i don't have my issues or faults. I still have frustrations but it has become a lot easier to deal with.

    Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?

    This is saying that unless you have tried something or done it yourself you cant truly lead someone or tell them how to do it. I feel i have to know the material before i can help my clients or else how can i say i am doing my job right. All of us have a obligation to our clients to know what we are talking about inside and out so we can help them to the best of our abilities. As far as my personal life i can implement psychological and spiritual growth in my personal life by doing the exercises. Taking the time to relax and breathe. By training my mind to not stress out and focus on healing on myself from the inside out. I will take the time at least a few times a week if not every day to do some meditating or relaxing exercise to help ease and train my mind. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment