Sunday, December 19, 2010

experience with the Journey On relaxation exercise

I was listening to the relaxing audio file called journey on. It is pretty much a meditation type of excercise. I just went to a quiet spot and listened and followed each direction given by the man speaking in the audio file. I felt so much better and relaxed afterward. It was like a breathe of fresh air. I think if we all just found a peaceful time to ourselves and just breathed in deeply for even just five minutes a day it would help us to feel better mentally and physically.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    Yes, the exercise was pretty amazing! It is beneficial that we find time to ourselves; even if it is to close our eyes and take a few relaxing breaths or just sit in silence for a few minutes to listen, observe, smell, touch, taste (if you're eating)...if we take time to quiet our mind and escape from the hectic demands of our lives, we will find peace within ourselves, which prepares us to face our challenges in a healthy way.

    Best of health,

    Allana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cristina,

    I agree with you that making time for ourselves, even if it is a few minutes each day, can make a huge difference in our health especially our mental health.

    I find that sometimes during my lunch break at work, if I go into an empty exam room, shut off the lights, get really quiet, away from any noise and distractions and rest a few minutes. I get this sudden burst of energy that usually ends up carrying throughout the rest of my usually super busy days.

    Looking forward to chatting with you more. Happy Holidays,

    Ebony

    ReplyDelete